Friday, April 22, 2011

Dishwasher Soap

I have been making my own laundry soap and dishwasher soap for a while now.  Last night I realized...poor planning!  Used the last of the dishwasher detergent.  Tonight...my kitchen is starting to get a bit outta hand but I didn't want to run to the store and give in to the "other stuff" (you know...the stuff with icky chemicals!).  So I decided I needed to make my own from whatever I had.  Castile soap...check.  Vinegar...makes a good rinse aid...check.  Citric Acid...cuts down the grease...check.  Water to dilute.  My castile is the peppermint, so it smells great too!  The load is almost done and I will put it away and reload with the bigger dishes from dinner tonight.  I think I will just make another larger batch and use this mix until it runs out!  I should probably pick up some washing soda and more citric acid tho...b/c I know the poor planning will happen again and I'll need a back up wash!  :)

Dishwasher Soap
1/2 cup Liquid Castile Soap
1/2 cup Water
1/8 cup Vinegar
1 Tablespoon-ish (didn't measure just guessed) Citric Acid

*Shake it up before using

No comments:

Post a Comment