Monday, September 12, 2011

I am a C...

I am C-H...

I am C-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-N

And I have C-H-R-I-S-T in my H-E-A-R-T and I will L-I-V-E E-T-E-R-N-A-L-L-Y!

God has laid this song on my heart for about a week now.  Throughout the day it just pops up in my head.  And here i sit again with these words.  God is funny sometimes, the way he tries to grab our attention!  I sit here finally GETTING what he's been trying to say to me for some time.  Own it.  OWN who you are.  Own me.  OWN ME AS YOUR LORD and SAVIOR!

In the world we live in, Christianity is not the "in" thing.  It's often what sets you apart as "the weird one".  I have friends who are not Christians.  And I find myself almost downplaying my belief around them to "fit in".  But here is the thing...I believe that as a Christian, I am not called to fit in.  I am called to stand out!  I want people to look at me and see my heart.  And wonder what sets me apart-what makes me different!  I want them to wonder what I have that seems to be missing from their own lives.  I want them to long for what I have, so they can ask me about, and I can share it with them, so they can have it too!

I will be honest, I often fear that if "so and so" knows I am a believer...will they still "like" me?  Will I lose friends if I stand up and say that I believe that Jesus Christ is the one true God?  Who knows.  All I know is that that is a risk that I am willing to take. Matthew 10:33 says " But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven."  So I will not disown my Lord, not even by omission.

So here I am.  A Christian.  Take me or leave me. But if you take me; you take all of me...

And as for me and my house...we will serve the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment