Saturday, May 28, 2011

"when you grow up"

I was recently asked by our 3 year old neighbor

"Miss Kathy, what do you wanna be when you grow up?"

Without thinking, I just laughed and said I don't know sweetie... her mom quickly replied

"Miss Kathy is going to be a Doula"

It hit me.  I FINALLY know what I want to be!  I can not tell you how amazing it feel to finally have found the path that is meant to be!  I have officially signed up for classes with Child Birth International.  And if all goes well, by the end of the year (maybe sooner!) I will be a Certified Doula.

I have also just been asked if I would like to be the Regional Coordinator for Friends of Michigan Midwives!  It's a volunteer position, but I feel totally honored to be able to be a part of this organiztion!  FoMM helps promote Michigan Midwives.  I am so excited to meet all the local midwives and other birth junkies!  ;)

It feels awesome to finally KNOW what I want to be when I grow up!  Ben said to me the other night that he really feels that this is what I was meant to be.  I couldn't agree more!  I am even thinking of taking it one step further someday and becoming a midwife!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment